Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show Highlights
January 15th, 2009
Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show Highlights
Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show Overview:
Scottsdale's signature event will celebrate its 54th birthday in Scottsdale during the week of February 12 - 22, 2009. The Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show, largest of its kind the world, draws hundreds of thousands of horse lovers each year, and attracts over 2,500 of the world's finest Arabian and Half-Arabian horses. These magnificent, versatile, user-friendly animals and their owners will gather from around the world to compete for over $1,000,000 in prize monies in more than 640 colorful classes.
The Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show is a shopper's paradise. Almost as famous for its dazzling commercial exhibits area, overflowing with treasures, baubles, bangles and one-of-a-kind beads for every taste and budget, the Scottsdale Show features a glimmering assortment of more than 300 vendors and trade booths, offering everything from lavish jewelry, clothing and works of art, to boots, saddles, gifts and trinkets. Tempting international cuisine courts, exciting demonstrations and unique educational seminars compete for visitors' attention with the luxurious, exotically decorated stabling areas in which the horses are housed.
A Scottsdale tradition the prestigious Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show is also a highly successful fundraiser put on by the Arabian Horse Assn. of Arizona. Over the years, millions of dollars have gone to worthy charities, including the Cox Charities, March of Dimes and the Phoenix Children's Hospital.
Top Things you need to see at the Scottsdale Show
Things you need to see at the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show
- Come watch the exciting Gamblers Choice where Arabians and Half-Arabian horses race around the arena jumping obstacles for points. The horse with the most points and no penalties within the time limit is declared the champion. Saturday, February 21, 2009 - 6:00pm
- Come see Artisans from across the continent who bring everything from bronze sculptures, oil paintings to an exquisite selection of jewelry. Apparel for every taste and budget is available from sportswear, formal wear, accessories to leathers and don't forget the latest in fashionable riding apparel. A major attraction each year is the unique assortment of household and gift products available. If it is equine products you are looking for don't miss one the greatest selections of tack, trailers, barns and health products.
- The Arabian and Half Arabian Mounted Native Costume class where riders and horses dress in traditional desert regalia and gallop around the arena. Competitions are offered each day.
- Arabian & Half-Arabian Reining Futurity at Scottsdale where young horses will compete for $130,000 in prize money. Saturday & Sunday, February 21 & 22 starting at 8a.m.
- The $5000 Arabian Freestyle Liberty Class where beautiful Arabian Horses are set free in the arena saddleless and bridleless to music. Classes will be offered Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday afternoon with the finals being held on Saturday evening.
- Come dine with an assortment of food vendors who serve up everything from gourmet crepes to grilled salmon.
- Come see the Youth Lead Line Class where young children get a chance to make their début in the show ring, this will take place Saturday, February 14, 2009 - 1pm.
- Come see the unbelievable barn displays, sign up for a personally guided behind the scenes tour of the show in the main entrance. See schedule listed on the the web-site www.scottsdaleshow.com
- Come see some of the worlds most beautiful and prestigious Arabian Horses who will compete for the coveted title of Scottsdale Supreme Halter Champion, where they are judged on their beauty. This will take place Sunday, February 22 in the morning.
- Take part in educational seminars on the grounds and learn everything from how the Scottsdale Police Department train their horses to those little training tricks that the pros use.
- Come see the Scottsdale Signature Stallion offspring classes where select horses are eligible to compete for over $400,000 in halter and performance classes.
- Come see the debut of the Arabian English Pleasure Futurity Classic at Scottsdale where Arabian Horses and trainers will compete in an individual pattern class and then the top 14 cumulative scores will compete for $100,000.
Scottsdale Show a Non-Profit and supports Local Charities!
The Arabian Horse Association of Arizona a Non-Profit organization hosts one of the largest and most prestigious horse shows in the world, the "Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show".
Every year the Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show chooses Charities that it feels make a difference in the community. This year the Arabian Horse Association of Arizona has chosen to support the March of Dimes, Phoenix Children's Hospital as well as the Cox Communication Charities.
"We try to choose Charities that we feel make a difference to the community, March of Dimes, Phoenix Children's Hospital reach a lot of people with their helping touch, we want to be a part of that" states the Charities Coordinator MaryLou Houge.
The Charities have stated that they are excited to be apart of the Scottsdale Show and would like to get involved by encouraging their employees and supporters to volunteer!
Championship Weekend - Coveted Prize of Scottsdale Champion at Stake
For the 54th Annual Scottsdale Arabian Horse Show, Arabian Horses, their trainers and their owners have come to Scottsdale to compete in one of the world's largest horse shows-and one of the most prestigious events in the Arabian Horse industry. This year over 2,500 horses from around the world have competed in a wide variety of events, including halter, English riding, Western riding, jumping, native costume events and more. A champion from each category will be crowned.
"This is the most exciting time of the show," said Bill Flood, AHAA president. "All of our show people and their beautiful horses have competed for the right to show and a chance to be declared Scottsdale Champion." Championship Weekend begins Friday, February 20 at WestWorld.
FREE Family Night Friday!!!
New this year we will have Family Night on the final weekend of the show, families will be admitted for free to watch the show Friday, February 20 evening. Family Friday will start at 6:00pm so bring the family and everyone gets in for FREE!!!